ROYAL AIR FORCE

JSSO DIGBY

Learn more about RAF Digby
To advertise in this publication
Mechanical Data
View the latest edition of the Digby Digest
RAF Digby Party in the Park
RAF Digby, originally called RAF Scopwick, was established on 28 March 1918. It has been home to a number of units, including Nos. 2 and 3 Flying Training Schools and both Guy Gibson and Douglas Bader were station here. In 1942, the Station became a Royal Canadian Air Force Station operating Mosquito aircraft. Following a brief period as a Technical Training Unit, the role of the Station changed yet again in 1955 with the arrival of No. 399 Signals Unit. This was later joined by 591 Signals Unit and the Aerial Erectors School. No. 399 Signals Unit changed its name to the Joint Service Signals Unit on 15 September 1998, reflecting not only its tri-Service environment, but also its bi-national one with members of all three US forces serving alongside RAF, Army and Royal Navy personnel.

The Digby Digest is produced five times a year

home